Re: for Debian's website development

Hello Tarakant, welcome

El 27 de febrero de 2019 17:05:14 CET, tarakantseth <tarakantseth@protonmail.com> escribió:
>hey .. I am a student studying B.Tech in computer science in India.
>I would love to contribute to this community by helping in website
>development.
>I would like to work on the content creating , editing and making it
>more better.

You can start having a look at the pages and subpages describing how is the website organised, and how it works:
https://www.debian.org/devel/website/

Then you can fork/clone the webwml repo in your salsa account, and have a look at our open list of bugs, to see if you can contribute a patch to any of them:

    Our bug list https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=www.debian.org;dist=unstable

 The list is quite long and many bugs are complicated and require coordination of several parts. I suggest this one to start:

https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=898258 (document the exact red colour used by the Debian logo)

You can send a patch to the bug or a merge request via salsa, as you wish.

If you like IRC, don't hesitate to join our channel #debian-www in irc.debian.org and ask anything (using the mailing list is also ok).

Finally, you'll note that the technologies used by the Debian website are not the usual ones you can find in many other websites: we don't use a CMS, most of the pages are written in wml+html+perl. There are other websites in Debian using other technologies: for example contributors.debian.org and nm.debian.org are written in Python, wiki.debian.org is MoinMoin, bits.debian.org is done with Pelican (Python), etc. Those other websites are not handled by the Debian web team, if you want to contribute to those you would need to contact the respective team.

Kind regards,
--
Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona