Re: New cds purchased online

On Fri, Nov 23, 2018 at 8:39 PM William Stewart wrote:

> Hi, I bought a bundle of linux cds from an online shop called South Hants Computers

Do you have a link to this shop? Perhaps they should be added to our
list of CD/DVD vendors:

https://www.debian.org/CD/vendors/

> They seem genuine tho as looks can be deceiving I wanted to check as I dont want my system having a back door for cyber criminals.
> Is there a quick way for me to check some how or some instruction information of how to.

The FAQ and verification page cover this. Please note that the
verification procedure for physical CDs is slightly different than for
ISO images.

https://www.debian.org/CD/faq/#verify
https://www.debian.org/CD/verify

--