HTTP 500 error after logging in to alioth SSO

Dear SSO team / server admins,

When I try to sign on to sso.debian.org with my Alioth (-guest) account,
I am redirected to https://sso.debian.org/alioth/certs/ where I get a
HTTP 500 error.

The contents are as follows:
----

Internal Server Error
unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at debian-admin@lists.debian.org
to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you
performed just before this error.

Apache Server at sso.debian.org Port 443

----

My password does not contain any non-ASCII characters, so I believe this
is a separate issue from bug 780460 (which was mentioned earlier in the
discussion for bug 822989).

Best,
James