Re: web site fixes

On Mon, Dec 25, 2017 at 7:31 AM, Nathan Myers wrote:

> Where do I find current textual sources for the debian.org web site?

Please see this page on our website:

https://www.debian.org/devel/website/

We use a combination of WML, Make and Perl to build the website.

http://thewml.org/

> (Is it really still in CVS?)

We have an in-progress migration to git but it is not completed yet.
If you do not want to touch CVS, I suggest either downloading
individual files via the viewvc web interface and diffing them
manually or, if you have an ssh-capable alioth account, using git-cvs
to download out the whole CVS repository and convert it to git
locally.

https://wiki.debian.org/WebsiteGitTransition
https://bugs.debian.org/845297
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/webwml/webwml2git.git/
https://github.com/osamuaoki/git-cvs
https://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/webwml/webwml/

Please file patches in bugs against the www.debian.org pseudo-package:

https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting

> The "download debian" pages still suggest that 32-bit x86 is the common PC
> architecture, rather than the 64-bit amd64 seen almost everywhere today.

The download pages are due for an overhaul, if you want to take on
that task and consult the CD and installer teams about your proposed
changes, that would be awesome.

https://bugs.debian.org/819664

--
bye,