Re: Guided image selection: POC, RFC

On Thu, Dec 07, 2017 at 04:11:17PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 11:41 PM, Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > I spent much of today on a bit of Javascript to guide a user through
> > selecting the right image for his or her use case; the idea being that
> > we'd ask them a few questions, and then say "this is the image you'll
> > need to download if you want to install Debian like that".
>
> BTW, the guided Tails install pages achieve that without JS:
>
> https://tails.boum.org/install/

I'm sure it's possible to do that without JS too. However, I think this
is easier to maintain and translate (the whole layout is in a .json file
that I intentionally tried to keep simple to understand).

> > So. Thoughts? Does this look like something useful?
>
> Yes, definitely a good idea.

Thanks.

--
Could you people please use IRC like normal people?!?

  -- Amaya Rodrigo Sastre, trying to quiet down the buzz in the DebConf 2008
     Hacklab