Re: debian wiki

On Sun, Jul 9, 2017 at 9:17 AM, Fungi4All wrote:

> From: davidson@freevolt.org
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
>
> On Sat, 8 Jul 2017, Fungi4All wrote:
>
>> I thought only sites for idiots like gloogloo pick on their own the
>> language of the menus based on locale/ip even though the language is
>> nowhere used on this pc. But debian-wiki will pick and not reverse
>> the choice? Even though I choose english the drop boxes and menus
>> are an another language based on IP. This makes life hard for
>> traveling users.

The wiki doesn't even have the software and data needed for doing
GeoIP lookups, so I doubt your issue has anything to do with your IP
address.

Please check your browser language settings, because that is where the
default language comes from.

If you are logged in, then you should be able to choose English in the
settings, even if your browser language settings have something else.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise