Possible error on https://wiki.debian.org/Mate

Yes, it is a wiki. But I'd be doing no favor if ... ;/

Under the heading
  To install MATE, do the following:
     MATE just core
it states:
"apt-get install mate-desktop-environment-core"

When I installed Jessie I found it necessary to include xorg.
[The wiki page had said "If no graphical environment was present before, you will also need to install a display manager such as GDM or LightDM.]

The relevant section of my preseed.cfg was:
### Package selection
tasksel tasksel/first multiselect standard
d-i pkgsel/include string mate-desktop-environment-core xorg xterm lightdm pluma
d-i pkgsel/upgrade select none