Re: linux-headers-rt-686-pae dependencies vanished from jessie backports

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 3:21 PM, Magnus Lutz wrote:

> Is this an error or are there other reasons the package was removed?

I think this is more of a question for debian-user, but anyway:

According to the changelog the RT variant was disabled in 4.7~rc3-1~exp1:

linux (4.7~rc3-1~exp1) experimental; urgency=medium
  * [rt] Disable until it is updated for 4.7 or later

http://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org/changelogs/main/l/linux/linux_4.7.2-1~bpo8+1_changelog

It appears the realtime patchset does not yet support Linux 4.7:

https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/realtime/start

I don't see any discussion of 4.7 on their list either:

https://marc.info/?l=linux-rt-users

--
bye,
pabs