Re: Mepis is debian based

On Sat, 2016-05-28 at 10:42 -0400, Haslett, Douglas wrote:
> Debs, You list mepis as no longer available or supported; however the
> link works as the current banner states:
> MEPIS
> A Linux operating system based on Debian Stable
[...]
> Am I misunderstanding something? V/R DaH

The actual wording is, as per your quote:

> The following distributions were based on Debian but are not active
> any more or are no longer available:

If you look at http://www.mepis.org/ , you'll see that the most recent
news entry is from more than two years ago.

The graphic for "MEPIS 11" lists versions of the Linux kernel and KDE
that are older than those currently in Debian's "oldstable"
distribution.

That seems to fit the bill for "not active any more" IMHO.

Regards,

Adam