Re: Suggestion: add note about httpredir to debian.org/mirror/list

Sounds good to me. Thanks for taking care of this!

On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 7:59 PM, Holger Wansing <linux@wansing-online.de> wrote:
Hi,

Michael Stapelberg <stapelberg@debian.org> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> friends of mine were unaware that http://httpredir.debian.org/ exists and
> pointed out that our official documentation doesn’t mention it.
>
> Specifically, they read https://www.debian.org/mirror/list and then
> proceeded to hand-pick a mirror.
>
> I think it would be beneficial to our users if we added a note like the
> following at the top of the page:
>
> """
> Use http://httpredir.debian.org/ to automatically get the best mirror based
> on your geographic and network location. In case httpredir does not work
> for you, please send a report to mirrors@debian.org and select a mirror
> from the following list for the time being:
> """
>
> What do you think?

Generally, I would consider that a good idea.
On https://www.debian.org/mirror/ we already have such a paragraph,
I would copy that one to ../mirror/list too, if no one objects.

Diff is attached.

Regards
Holger

Created with Sylpheed 3.5.0 under
        D E B I A N   L I N U X   8 . 0   " J E S S I E " .

Best regards,
Michael