Re: Want To Join Team

Hi Joy

El 19/03/16 a las 11:48, Joy Ganguly escribió:
> Hi,
>
> I want to join Teams Webmaster and want to contribute to the debian
> community. I am new to Debian can anyone please help me.
>
> Thank you.

Thank you for your interest, and welcome.

The website team is responsible for maitaining the content of the
website www.debian.org up to date.

How to start? I would have a look at these things:
1.- Areas that 'need love'.
2.- Other pending tasks.
3.- How the website is handled, or how to send your contributions.

1.- Areas that need love: I list here some of them. If you are
interested in any of them, please let me know and we can work together:

* Update/review the www.debian.org/misc/children-distros page
https://bugs.debian.org/783670

* More Debian women profiles in the website:
https://bugs.debian.org/781064
(there are some profiles in https://wiki.debian.org/DebianWomen/Profiles
that could be added to the website, using the corresponding template)

* Update/review the www.debian.org/users section

The "commercial" subsection is finished and we are auditing the
"educational institutions"
We are following this workflow: https://wiki.debian.org/WhoUsesDebian
And we keep this bug for comments/discussions:
https://bugs.debian.org/766923

2.- Other pending tasks: have a look at the pending bugs in

https://bugs.debian.org/www.debian.org

* You can also participate proofreading the website content, and
translating if you know other languages than English.

3.- How the website is organized:

The website is writen in WML files, which allows to instert Perl script
together with the HTML, and use templates for certain files.
The repository uses CVS.

More about how the website is organized here:
https://www.debian.org/devel/website/

You can send your contributions as patches to this list or against the
www.debian.org pseudopackage if you prefer to use our bug tracking
system ( https://www.debian.org/Bugs ).

I hope I've given you some ideas about where to contribute. Have a look
here too: https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Webmaster/ and contact us in the
list or the IRC channel for any question or working together in what
suits best for you.

For help in using Debian, we also have several support channels, listed
in https://www.debian.org/support
For further help in getting involved in the community, reach us at the
#debian-welcome IRC channel (info about IRC here:
https://wiki.debian.org/IRC ).

Best regards
--
Laura Arjona Reina