Re: Broken EFI grub.cfg on stretch images

Hi Emilio,

It's better to follow up on this on the debian-boot list; that's where
development for these images is normally organised.

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 10:50:02AM -0430, Emilio Lazo Zaia wrote:
>Hello
>
>Debian-installer testing gives GRUB prompt while booting on UEFI platforms;
>the issue is related to a broken /boot/grub/grub.cfg file. The screen shows
>only Debian's background and the loaded font but no menu options are shown.
>
>Up to the date (Nov 23), all three (official, weekly and daily) images are
>broken. Its grub.cfg file is only 449 bytes and the last line is "set
>theme="; there are no "menuentry" directives, so after loading theme it comes
>with the prompt.

Hmmm. Can you give me a URL to exactly which images you're looking at
please? I've just looked at a daily sid amd64 netinst iso and it looks
sane enough to me from the files in its build tree. This suggests
we're looking at different images, maybe...

  Armed with "Valor": "Centurion" represents quality of Discipline,
  Honor, Integrity and Loyalty. Now you don't have to be a Caesar to
  concord the digital world while feeling safe and proud.