Re: website errors

Hi,

On 10/11/2015, Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 08:34:42PM +0800, Alex Vong wrote:
>> > After all this is clearly marked as (Obsolete Documentation) by me,
>> > there are many strange things.  Our choices are
>> >
>> > * remove this documents
>> > * update it (volunteer?)
>> > * keep it as is with clear remark (current status)
>> >
>> Indeed, I think it should at least contain a pointer to the current
>> documentation since it is marked as obsolete. I end up finding this
>> documentation when I search for ways to set up local repository. What
>> do you guys think?
>
> If only it exists ... I do not know any.
>
> Maybe we should say search other docs in https://www.debian.org/doc/

Thanks for the link! The closest thing I can get is
<https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-handbook/apt.en.html#sect.apt-sources.list>
and <http://manpages.debian.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=sources.list&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=Debian+unstable+sid&format=html&locale=en>.
It will be great if we can point people to these links, especially to
the man page website. It seems the man page website has a low priority
in search engines but it is a very useful reference.

> Anyway, that's common sense in volunteer web site with lots of old
> things.

Indeed. Good for computing historians (if exists)...

> Osamu

Cheers,
Alex