Re: Package download

On Sat, 2015-08-08 at 15:34 +0000, Helgi Hrafn Gunnarsson wrote:
> This is my sources.list. I'm using an Icelandic mirror, but I still have
> security.debian.org in there.
>
> * SNIP *
>
> deb http://ftp.is.debian.org/debian/ testing main
> deb-src http://ftp.is.debian.org/debian/ testing main
>
> deb http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main
> deb-src http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main
>
> # testing-updates, previously known as 'volatile'
> deb http://ftp.is.debian.org/debian/ testing-updates main
> deb-src http://ftp.is.debian.org/debian/ testing-updates main
>
> * SNIP *
>
> Note that eventually I received the update through apt-get, but it
> didn't seem to arrive when I received the email on DSA 3329-1. I would
> think the packages would always already be updated on
> security.debian.org when the DSAs get sent out. Is that not the case?

DSAs are for packages in stable and oldstable, but the sources.list
lines you mention above are all for testing. Is that the entirety of
your sources.list file? Are there any files in sources.list.d?

(This is also somewhat off-topic for debian-www@, which is about the
Debian website; it would be better suited to a user support forum.)

Regards,

Adam