Re: /devel/people duplicate entry due to typo - attempted patch

[I'm assuming that you're not subscribed to debian-www]

On Fri, 2015-07-17 at 11:21 -0400, James Montgomery wrote:

> While browsing debian.org/devel/people I came across a duplicate group
> which appears to be due to a typo.
>

> "Debian running development group"
> "Debian running develpment group" (missing 'o' in development).
[...]
> Looks like a dead end for me as I am unable to find any further
> information on how the file is generated

The script is dynamically generated based on information relating to
packages in unstable. You can find the current version of the scripts at
http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debwww/cron.git/tree/people_scripts/

> or how to submit a correction. Hopefully this message finds the right
> people who can make it happen :)

If a name in /devel/people contains an error, that implies that said
error is contained in the Maintainer or Uploaders field of a package in
unstable.

Some digging around leads to the garmin-forerunner-tools source package,
which indeed claims to be maintained by the "Debian running develpment
group". In order to resolve this, a bug needs to be reported against
that package. Once the maintainers correct the typo in a new upload it
will automagically disappear from the people page.

Regards,

Adam