Re: Coordinator page

On Fri, 22 May 2015 12:36:24 +0200,
Andreas Ronnquist<mailinglists@gusnan.se> wrote:

>On Sun, 17 May 2015 11:01:51 +0800,
>Paul Wise<pabs@debian.org> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 6:37 AM, behrad eslami wrote:
>>
>>> In debian Coordinators of trlanslations page, dont have
>>> persian/farsi language. In tc.data file i added it befor and i add
>>> mailing list email minutes ago.
>>> What is problem? Is this PO problem? (because dont have
>>> persian/farsi string)
>>
>>I think because the top-level directory is persian and not
>>persian/farsi it can't find that language so doesn't display it.
>>Changing it from persian/farsi fixed it for me, committed the fix.
>>

>But, if it isn't "persian/farsi", then the language isn't matched in
>tc.data (where it is called from persian/contact.wml), and the build
>fails on tc.data line 192.
>
>The question is where tc.data gets it's language names from...
>
>That is why I changed it back to "persian/farsi" again, sorry for that,
>but I am not so sure on how to make a fix that works if the language
>name is only "persian"...

With the help of Paul, I have managed to make it build with the name
"Persian" - Thanks Paul!

However, there are some problems with the Persian version of the list
which seems to be because the language is read from right to left - the
contacts are in the format "name <email>", and this causes the final
">" on each <li> to be a "<" and come first on the line instead.

It's a bit hard to describe, see the page
https://www.debian.org/devel/website/translation_coordinators.fa.html
and the problem should be obvious.

I have no idea on how to fix this, anybody with experience on HTML with
languages read right-to-left have a clue?

best
-- Andreas Rönnquist
mailinglists@gusnan.se
gusnan@gusnan.se