Re: Insufficient indexing of udebs on packages.debian.org

Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> (2014-10-22):
> Looking at my local mirror it appears these files are available for each
> suite:
>   Contents-$arch.gz → symlinks to main/Contents-$arch.gz
>
> then for i in each of main, contrib, and non-free we have:
>   $i/Contents-source.gz
>   $i/Contents-$arch.gz
>   $i/Contents-udeb-$arch.gz
>
> so it would probably be just a matter of indexing files matching the
> last pattern to get proper udeb support if Contents files are indeed
> what packages.debian.org uses.

Looking at git://anonscm.debian.org/webwml/packages.git's debian-master
branch, it might just be a matter of looping over filenames as well,
using both Contents-$arch.gz and Contents-udeb-$arch.gz (of course only
when $arch ne 'source'), in bin/parse-contents?

> (I'll now look into apt-file which likely needs some patching based on
> the findings mentioned above, but that's no longer a topic for -www@.)

(That's now #766295.)

Mraw,
KiBi.