Re: Lack of SSL for Debian Wiki login (was: Re: wiki.debian.org password reset)

* Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> wrote:
> Le Mon, Jan 07, 2013 at 01:41:49AM +0000, Luca Filipozzi a écrit :
> > OTOH, I'd argue that if one wishes to maintain content at wiki.debian.org, then
> > one should understand the basics of PKI.  What do you think?
>
> how about Debian Single Sign On (https://sso.debian.org) ?

Unfortunately, that is not an option for everyone at this time.

>From http://wiki.debian.org/DebianSingleSignOn:

"The web password single signon method only works for Debian Developers."

While I may make a few contributions here and there, for example, I am
not a DD. I would suspect there are a great number of wiki editors, for
example, that are not DDs.

I am not sure if wiki supports Debian SSO or not. If not, hopefully that
support will be added in the future. In the meantime, however, requiring
encryption when logging in to any site is a good idea. Actually, I'll go
one step further and say that *not* requiring encrypted authentication
is a *very bad idea*.

--
Jeremy Gaddis