Re: smart_change.pl patch

Hi Paul,

(sorry for the latency)

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 06:12:54PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> After I applied the https patch, I discovered that smart_change.pl bumps
> translation headers even when the substitution does not result in any
> change to the english/* files.

(no big problem as people always review diff before commiting right ? well not
always ok :-)

There is a use case for that, when the fix has been done manually in english by
people not aware of smart_change.pl:
	-p, --previous     get previous CVS revision

So I guess your change should be active only if --previous is not enabled.

> I've attached a patch that fixes it for me but I don't know much about the
> script to know if I've caused any regressions. Could someone review the patch
> and check if it causes any problems with the normal uses of the script?

If you don't want to risk regression, just output a warning in such a case, it
will be readable as smart_changes.pl is completely silent most of the time.

--
Simon Paillard