Re: Explicit mention of normal CD for netinst images (Was: Modification du texte de netinst)

Le mardi 20 septembre 2011 à 09:55 -0500, Jonathan Nieder a écrit :
> Bonjour David,
>
> David Prévot wrote:
>
> > It has been stated (in French, text quoted in P.-S.), that the netinst
> > page [0] doesn't explicitly mention “normal CDs”, and instead is about
> > “Small CDs”, “Smaller CDs” or “Tiny CDs”.
>
> Wouldn't the natural approach be to add a link to the CD 1 somewhere?
> Something like:
>
> 	There are also larger <a href="http://www.debian.org/CD/";>official
> 	CD and DVD images</a> available that can be useful for installing
> 	on a machine without a network connection.

Hello,

My remark is about the following text :

"There are four options for installs over the network:

    * Small CDs
    * Smaller CDs
    * Tiny CDs, USB sticks, etc.
    * Network boot"

(page http://www.debian.org/distrib/netinst.en.html )

The problem is that, because normal CDs are not mentionned in the list
of media on which the image can be written, people could logically think
it is not allowed/possible to use normal a normal CD in the present
procedure of installing via the Internet.

Therefore I think we should add this fifth possibility (normal cd) to
the four already mentionned.

François