Re: multi-column news on frontpage, feedback

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 05:03:04AM +0200, Simon Paillard wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 03:02:52AM +0300, Alexander Reshetov wrote:
> > On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 01:12:20AM +0200, Simon Paillard wrote:
> > > Has someone a nice idea about a button/link to mailing list subscription, that
> > > we could display close to the RSS one ?
> > > That would allow to save the whole paragraph at the end of news.
> >
> > I proposed such buttons some time ago. Please check this thread [0]
> > for more information.
> >  0 : http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2011/03/msg00106.html
>
> Thanks Alexander.
>
> Updated using your idea (implemented in css using opacity instead)
> http://people.debian.org/~spaillard/website/dynamic_cols/dynamic_columns_debhome.html
>
> Little paragraph for DSA and news now removed, I now feel the column to be a bit
> empty...

I've something very weird: if the setup is 2-columns, there is an extra 24px
margin added to h2 (that I can force to 0 obviously), leading to much margin
before the 2 columns.

If someone has a explanation and a clean solution, that would be great...

--
Simon Paillard