Re: New layout for SpamClean wiki pages (was: [Debian Wiki] Update of "Teams/Webmaster/SpamClean" by AlexanderReshetov)

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 11:59:03AM +0200, Luca Capello wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> On Thu, 26 May 2011 22:20:44 +0200, Debian Wiki wrote:
> > The "Teams/Webmaster/SpamClean" page has been changed by AlexanderReshetov:
> > http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Webmaster/SpamClean?action=diff&rev1=45&rev2=46
> >
> > Comment:
> > style changes in table (centered counter and replace numbers by 'on' and 'off' stars)
>
> Alexander, this is nothing personal, but what is the rationale for this
> change?  I do not see any and I think we should go back to the previous
> layout, for different reasons:

Rationale for this changes was to improve visibility of current situation of
reviews. So people can easy find year/month with 4 reviews and start their
review from *this* year/month to reach review stage.

> 1) if we change something, for consistency's sake *all* SpamClean
>    efforts should be changed as well
>
>      <https://wiki.debian.org/CategoryListArchiveSpam>
>
> 2) while it is clear that *at least* 5 reports are necessary for each
>    month, the stars do not reflect situations where there are more than
>    5 reports (which IMHO is a notable information)

What if create separate column for this stars than? Or instead of stars use
another background for lines with 4 and 5-.. number of reviews.

> 3) on text browsers, it is now more difficult to have a clear view of
>    how many reports each month has

In lynx for star_off it's {o} symbol, for star_on -- {*}. This can be
described before table.

P.S. i just want to improve page. Sorry if it wasn't correct. If you think
that it necessary, it can be reverted.