Re: Validation of webwml pages

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 09:38:39PM -0400, David Prévot wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   As you may already be aware of, a script is run (every four hours) on
> www-master to spot validation errors [1], so we can keep up with the
> website quality.
>
> 	1: http://www-master.debian.org/build-logs/validate/
>
>   Thanks to the help of many people recently, this list that used to be
> a bit huge, went down to zero a few months ago, and some of us keep
> track of this page in order to fix errors as soon as they are spotted.
>
>   Simon proposed (as a joke) to send an automatic mail to people who
> breaks the validation. I actually find this idea quite nice, and will
> probably set something to be pinged by mail if a new error comes up. I
> wonder if other people would be interested. We could send for example a
> daily mail to the coordinators of translations if a validation error is
> spotted in the language they handle. we could also send a mail to the
> last person who committed a faulty file.
>
>   That said, Holger, if you read me so far, thanks in advance if you
> could fix the MailingLists index page [2] ;-).
>
> 	2: http://www-master.debian.org/build-logs/validate/de
>
> Cheers
>
> David

If anyone commits anything to degrade typical quality of our resources, he
has no reason to complain to recieve mail from adim even if it is an
automatic one.  I tink we should activate such chage.  (This is
equivalent of rejecting package failing on some basic lintian check.)

If we do, we may need to have some mechanism for exception but I doubt
it.  Communication on this mailing list may be enough.

Also, it will be nice to have some centrarized list of translator
contacts for each langage, so we can use it to contact such breakage.

Osamu