Re: reporting spam in archive for debian-www list

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 10:42:07AM +0100, Luca Capello wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 11:49:07 +0100, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> > On Jo, 20 ian 11, 14:05:28, Francesca Ciceri wrote:
> >> following the example of what are doing Christian Perrier and others for
> >> debian-boot mailing list and -french lists, I've created a wiki page [1] to
> >> coordinate the reporting of spam in the archive for the debian-www list.
> [...]
> >> [1] http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Webmaster/SpamClean
>
> The more I read that page, the more I think it is misleading: if I
> understood correctly, what is in the table is not the "number of
> reviews", but instead the "number of reports" (which sometime are called
> "nominations", long live to consistency).  Is it me or indeed there is a
> problem?

Yes, I think you're right. The page - actually the pages, cause I've shamelessly copied
the whole content of the page from wiki.d.o/DebianInstaller/SpamClean - isn't
clear.
I think that:
reports/nomitations == bouncing mail to report-listspam@l.d.o or pressing
'report as spam' button (everyone can do it)
review == the act of deciding whether an email - previously reported as spam -
is spam or not (only DDs can do it)

The SpamClean wiki pages have been created to coordinate the first. So,
IMO, as you have reported (d'oh!) the use of term "review" isn't correct.

> Please note that with these "critics" I am (involuntarily) also
> volunteering to fix them, not only in our page, but also in the others.
> >> Spam needs to be reported by multiple people. So it could be useful to
> >> coordinate the efforts through the wiki page and the table in itself. :)
> >
> > I'm already bouncing spam to report-listspam@lists.debian.org for more
> > than a couple of months as per
> > http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/ListMaster/ListArchiveSpam#MethodstoNominateSpamfortheReview-Process
>
> FWIW I am doing the same since this month, so I guess we should simply
> add our name to the corresponding month in the wiki page.  Is it OK?

Yes :)

Cheers,
Francesca