unifying {merchandise,events}d.o

[ please keep me copied upon replies ]

Dear folks behind merchandise@d.o (which I believe to be equivalent to
debian-www@lists.d.o, will see with this mail :-)),
  following up with discussions started at DebConf10, I'm trying to
implement the proposal of unifying the management of merchandise
material for Debian.

The first and foremost goal is that of providing a single mail alias
which will be mailed to announce Debian presence at a specific
event. The contact point will then help out in various respects, from
documenting the event on the website, to helping the attendees in having
Debian merchandise for the event.

Luckily, we have volunteers for those activity already: Luca Capello has
volunteered for the merchandising part and Francesca Ciceri, together
with some of the previous people behind events@d.o have volunteered to
keep the website current.

In order to avoid dispersing contact point, I'd like to merge
{merchandise,events}@d.o to a unique contact point, directed to a team
of people documented on the website. As mails might include sensitive
information (e.g. shipment or bank details), it would be better for the
contact point to not be directed to a publicly archive mailing list.

Unless I hear otherwise from you, I'll proceed to ask DSA to direct
events@d.o to the people who volunteered and merge merchandise@d.o with
it. I'll then post patches that s/merchandise@d.o/events@d.o/ on the
website, of course keeping active merchandise@d.o for the time being, to
avoid breaking the contact point for those who might have "bookmarked"
it.

Cheers.