Re: www-master move, final steps: /doc/manuals/sgml-howto

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 12:48:58AM +0200, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
> Quoting "Simon Paillard" <spaillard@debian.org>:
> >Any reason to add sgml-howto to ddp Makefile or it is so old that the
> >doc is no longer valid ?

More problematic is:
 http://www.debian.org/doc/docpolicy
 http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/ddp-policy/ddp-policy

> If I look at the correct document, it seems partly outdated
> to me. Are we talking about this?
> http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/sgml-howto/
>
> To me, too many things have changed:

I agree.

> At least some of the newer documents are made with DocBook
> XML instead of debiandoc or DocBook SGML. The compilation
> tools are now mainly xsltproc, docbook-xsl, dblatex, xmlroff,
> and fop, not dsssl and jadetex. Emacs users are using nxml,
> not psgml, I assume.

Please do not forget to add "po4a"-tool chain.

It is interesting that this is written in DocBookXML.

It does not seem to be linked anywhere from DDP page.

As technical guide to SGML, it is useful.  But you need to find it from
google.

I suggest to add it to "Problematic manuals"

http://www.debian.org/doc/ddp#other

Unless someone update now, I suggest to add note such as:
 "(Obsolete Documentation)"

Bust still build them.

Osamu