Re: Upcoming announcement: backports.debian.org

On Thu, Sep 02, 2010 at 11:52:43PM +0300, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Mi, 01 sep 10, 19:38:02, Brian Ryans wrote:
> > Would here be a good location for a very simple primer on what to put in
> > sources.list? If so, and [1] holds true, a very crude suggestion, after
> > the above-quoted paragraph:
> >
> > ---8<---
> > If you are already using the backports.org service, replace all
> > occurrences of 'backports.org' with 'backports.debian.org' in
> > "/etc/apt/sources.list".
> > --->8---
> >
> > [1] I assume s,backports.org,backports.debian.org,g would suffice?
>
> I just asked on #debian-backports and it won't be so simple. Rather
> something like:
>
> ---
> If you are already using the backports.org service please read $WEBSITE
> for the necessary changes to your sources.list
> ---
>
> Where $WEBSITE does not exist yet ;)

We could make one on the same model as http://www.debian.org/volatile/
(BTW I wonder if this shold be ranged under a specific section, like
distrib)

Can someone draft a page from the current backports.org content ?

About backports mirrors, that may be similar to what we have on
http://teubr.eu.org/~spaillar/debian/webwml/english/mirror/backports.en.html

Indeed, http://www.backports.org/debian/README.mirrors.html is
deprecated, info is now stored by standard Mirrors.masterlist.

--
Simon Paillard