Re: CVS webwml/english/consultants

	Hi!

* Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> [2010-07-21 17:49:45 CEST]:
> On Mi, 21 iul 10, 16:37:53, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> >  You replied to me personally only, not sure if that was on intention.
>
> I saw your mail in my Inbox first, not in the debian-www folder and
> didn't notice debian-www was in CC. There is no need to CC me if you
> reply to debian-www.

 Especially on -www I picked up the habit to Cc people because often
enough people aren't subscribed (users usually, though) - sorry. :)

> > * Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> [2010-07-21 16:34:59 CEST]:
> > > We get requests from foo@example.com to change the listing for
> > > bar@domain.com, there is no way for us to know the request is
> > > legitimate and have to ask back. Do you have a better idea/wording?
> >
> >  What I am saying is that asking back is needed anyway, it should be
> > part of the workflow. That's the same reason why mailing list
> > subscription isn't done out of the blue and requires confirmation.
>
> A confirmation from the same different address is also useless or am I
> misunderstanding your point?

 I mean that everyone could mail as foo@example.com - and if one is out
to abuse the system they definitely would choose to use foo@example.com
as sender address and not bar@domain.com. Sending the confirmation
question to a different address of course might be considered useless,
though even then it would depend on case-by-case and there might be
valid reasons to do so.

 Hope this was more clear what I mean.
Rhonda
--
"Lediglich 11 Prozent der Arbeitgeber sind der Meinung, dass jeder
Mensch auch ein Privatleben haben sollte."