Re: "Visit the site sponsor" link not valid

-=| Jeremiah Foster, Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 01:16:58AM +0200 |=-

> On Jul 16, 2010, at 24:54, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
>
> > Hi THomas,
> >
> > On Thu Jul 15, 2010 at 22:12:46 +0000, thomas@preissler.co.uk wrote:
> >> Hi folks,
> >>
> >> that link doesnt work for me
> >>
> >> http://www.debian.org/sponsor.html
> >>
> >> I get a 404, not found.
>
> I get re-directed to: http://www.xs4all.nl/

I get redirected to
http://www.inf.tu-dresden.de/portal.php?node_id=1141&ln=en&group=31
even if the sponsor image changes with reloads between 'xs4all',
'supported by silver server' and 'technische universität dresden'. No
mater what the image, clicking always gets me to tu-dresden.

Ah, no, this is related to browser cache. When clearing the cache just
before clicking on the image, I get redirected to one of the three RR
servers' sponsors, regardless of the image. IOW, the image may be
tu-drsden and I may get redirected to xs4all or sil-at or tu-dresden.
A bit confusing, but I guess this is how RR works.

> > any equivalent and tell us the output? This should return you
> > something
> > like "EU view" or "NA view", so we know where to start searching.
>
> I get "EU view"

Same here.

> > Best would be if you could give us the IP address of the host
> > having
> > that problem so we can contact that specific hosters havint that
> > problem.
>
> jeremiah@slice$ host www.debian.org
> www.debian.org has address 194.109.137.218
> www.debian.org has address 213.129.232.18