Re: Proposal: Redesign Debian.org

On Jun 1, 2010, at 22:29, Simon Paillard wrote:

> On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 10:54:57PM -0400, Juti Noppornpitak wrote:
>> Is there anyone thinking of redesigning Debian.org? Although the OS becomes better and better, Debian.org still looks the same.

I think there has been discussion on and off over the years. But it is always good to have an example of the work as a starting point.

> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianWebsiteDiscussion#Layoutproposal especially
> http://www.kalleswork.net/projects/debian/
>
>> I have a few ideas on how to improve Debian.org, especially without
>> messing with WML codes. Please go to http://vimeo.com/12189576 to see
>> the demo and give me feedback on what you think about it. Please note
>> that the video just shows the idea (mockup), not what it eventually
>> looks like.
>>
>> I'm looking forward to the feedback from you all.

While I haven't seen the flash bit (I usually just skip flash) I will say that I really like your design. It seems well thought out and very clean.

Do continue to work on this, and be persistent about presenting it because this could be a very nice redesign.

Warm regards,

Jeremiah