Re: Suggestion: Change the link names on http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/debian-installer/

* Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) <faw@funlabs.org> [2009-12-16 05:28:50 CET]:
> On 26-11-2009 07:26, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> > * Simon Paillard <simon.paillard@resel.enst-bretagne.fr> [2009-11-01 19:25:19 CET]:
> >> IMHO, it doesn't need to be sorted. It should instead do the same as
> >> http://get.debian.net/ and display the arch form the user first.
> >
> >  The same? You sure? Including something like this?
> >
> > #v+
> > WARNING: Oops, it seems you have no JavaScript enabled or your browser
> > don't support it. I won't be useful for you without JavaScript support.
> > Please go to http://www.debian.org/CD/ to get Debian or enable the
> > JavaScript support on your browser if possible.
> > #v-
>
> 	Late reply, I know, sorry.
>
> 	It was the first prototype, we want to get rid of
> the JavaScript and run the checks on the server side. In
> fact, there is another prototype that does exactly that
> but didn't get published (yet).
>
> 	We also plan to add l10n/i18n, content negotiation
> and other types of suggestions/guesses. :-)

 Sure, and don't get me wrong, I don't object to JavaScript solutions.
But both that approach and sever-side parts are a a trouble for the main
Debian website, both accessibility/usability wise and mirroring wise.
The requirements for our website mirrors are pretty low and even though
we host www.debian.org now through geodns I don't want to increase the
barrier, not all mirrors are under our control.

 Thanks, and good luck with your efforts on the other hand!
Rhonda