Re: Debian Reference Card not available

Hi,

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 07:03:36PM +0100, Hans F. Nordhaug wrote:
> * Frank Lin PIAT <fpiat@klabs.be> [2009-10-27]:
> > I noticed that the Reference card isn't available anymore, at:
> >  http://www.debian.org/doc/user-manuals
> >
> > Probably a build problem, I guess.

Though there are two FTBFS bugs on debian-refcard [0], this doesn't explains
this.
#551229 refcard: FTBFS: pdfjoin: refcard-en-a4.s.pdf does not exist, no
files were processed
#522341 refcard: FTBFS: failure to process entity papersize

[0] http://bugs.debian.org/src:refcard

> Well, the Reference cards are still missing - the directory
> http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/refcard/ is gone. Could someone look
> into this?

>From what I see on www-master.d.o, list archives and various VCS,
I cannot find anything which makes refcard available at /doc/manuals/refcard/

Indeed: 'make publish' is used to generate output from ddp-svn, but root
Makefile of ddp-svn doesn't include refcard [1], and refcard makefile
doesn't have any publish target [2].
So refcard may be published from the archive package, but nothing in the
specific cron part that extract data from the package. [3]

[1] http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/ddp/manuals/trunk/Makefile?view=markup
[2] http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/ddp/manuals/trunk/refcard/Makefile?view=log
[3] http://cvs.debian.org/webwml/cron/

So question for debacle: do you remember how refcard was published on
the website ?

Do you prefer to see it published from SVN or package ?

Regards.

--
Simon Paillard