Re: Proposal for root cause fix "svn co --force"

Am Mittwoch, den 20.05.2009, 23:38 +0900 schrieb Osamu Aoki:
> On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 07:56:09PM +0200, Simon Paillard wrote:
> > Or use svn export --force URL ?
>
>  $ svn help export
> export: Create an unversioned copy of a tree.
> usage: 1. export [-r REV] URL[@PEGREV] [PATH]
>
>   1. Exports a clean directory tree from the repository specified by
>      URL, at revision REV if it is given, otherwise at HEAD, into
>      PATH. If PATH is omitted, the last component of the URL is used
>      for the local directory name.
>
> Valid options:
>   -q [--quiet]             : print nothing, or only summary information
>   --force                  : force operation to run

> Yes, this sounds like what we need.
>
> Currently: The script does a svn update, and then make -C manuals clean publish.
>
> The script should do a svn export --force URL, and then make -C manuals clean publish.

 Please notice that using svn export will _not_ remove files that you
svn rm'ed from the repository so it means it will keep cruft around (and
through that might cause problems).

 If that's fine with you it's fine with me. Just keep it in mind and
maybe document it in some README file so you won't forget.

 So long!
Rhonda