About consultants page management: email and other compulsory fields

We received a request for removal the email field from a consultants
entry. I am wondering if this is possible at all, since (I believe) we
should retain the email address in order to get in touch with the
consultants, or to verify further requests about the same entry.

Should we just remove the field, or ask for a new email address that is
supposed to replace the old one, or ask for a different email address
that we might keep as comment in consultants.data and we might use for
checking further requests?
I would say the last one should be the best.

BTW, our web page does not declare compulsory any field. Should we say
that at least name|company and email are compulsory?

Thanks,
Giuseppe