Re: Communication through the parallel port

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 08:05:18PM +0000, Juan Navarro wrote:
> Hi list,

Note that debian-www is about the Debian *WEBSITE*
For help about technical issues using Debian: http://debian.org/support

> A friend gave me an old German laptop:
[..]
> To finish my questions are:
>
> - Is there a way to connect two computers through the parallel port in GNU/Linux?
> - Is there a easy way to have Internet connectivity in GNU/Linux using the parallel port?

PLIP is the answer indeed.
BTW, that is documented as a part of the installation manual:
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/apds04.html

Best regards.

--
Simon Paillard