Re: paid for DVDs but never received them

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 10:29:18AM +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> OK, recheced the Vendors and:
>

>     1)  LinuxsShop.nu
>         has only 4.0r0 DVD and CD i386/powepc
>
>     2)  OKIT
>         Is this website in a Dial-Up?
>         I have an internet (backbone) connection of 100 MBit and
>         the website loads slower then a 14400 BpS Modem and then
>         parts of the site are timed out
>
>     3)  Wermlandsdata
>         has only 4.0r3 DVD i386
>
> Debian-Team:  Please can you do something with the three Vendors?
>               The offerins/Sites are not serious.

The three sites work for me, all only offer Debian 4. They are serious
offers, they're just not up to date. I generally don't tend to remove
vendors if they are lagging behind like this, unless their offerings are
ridiculously out of date.

Mehdi, it may have been worth the try to contact the Swedish vendors and
ask whether they offer a newer version!

> > I bought new Debian 5 Lenny package (5 DVD's) from India vendor( Linux
> > Bazar ) on 7th April 2009. I emailed him four Times about when I going
> > to Receive my DVD's. They always send me mail they were unable to
> > download the DVD's. On there website they have written they already
> > have the Debian 5 Lenny DVD's
>
> Maybe the next time you should buy from an european country if you  live
> already here.
>
> > They cheated and lied  on the website that they have the DVD's of Debian 5.
> >  I am still waiting when they will send it from India :(

First, please wait a little longer and keep asking them. Maybe they do have
connectivity problems and cannot download the images, and you will still
get them once their issues are resolved.

If you don't get the DVDs in another 2 weeks or so (and please also if you
do get them) write to us about it!

I've taken note of your complaint. We generally do not remove vendors from
our list after just a single complaint, but we will watch out for further
negative reports about this vendor, and remove him if it becomes clear that
he is unreliable.

All the best,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key: 888354F7
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  08A9 7B7D 3D13 3EF2 3D25  D157 79E6 F6DC 8883 54F7
  ¯ '` ¯