Help different languages configuration

Hi,

this is probably not the proper list for this question - but somehow
people here must have solved this problem.  I generate multi language
pages for Debian Blends.  FOr instance you can see the tasks pages
of Debian Science here:

   http://blends.alioth.debian.org/science/tasks/

The generated files have the language extension in the end of the
files *after* the .html extension.  The htaccess file looks like this:

Options +MultiViews
AddLanguage ru .ru
AddLanguage fr .fr
AddLanguage en .en
AddLanguage nl .nl
AddLanguage pt_BR .pt
AddLanguage zh_CN .zh
AddLanguage de .de
AddLanguage ko .ko
AddLanguage it .it
AddLanguage da .da
AddLanguage pl .pl_PL
AddLanguage cs .cs
AddLanguage fi .fi
AddLanguage ja .ja
AddLanguage es .es

Xou see the trick with .pl_PL for Polish language to make sure the
client does not asusme the downloaded file is not an active Perl
file.  I recently learned that also .es extension is regarded as active
content and the files which are intended to display the Spanish
translation.  I tried to learn from www.debian.org where the
language extension is followed by .html which seems to prevent
this problem.  Is there any chance to have a look onto the
file system of www.debian.org to steal some ideas how to do things
the right way (tm)?

Kind regards

           Andreas.