Debian Wiki and wikihomepages

Raphael,

> Contribuez à Debian et gagnez un cahier de l'admin Debian Lenny :
>  www.o uaza.com/wp/2009/03/02/contribuer-a-debian-gagner-un-livre/

Your contest to make people win your book if they contributed to Debian
was probably a good idea...

However, asking people to write a wiki homepage containing nothing but
the list of what he/she did for Debian wasn't a good idea:

Wiki homepage are for wiki contributors only (it's a mean to contact
wiki contributors, and understand their motivation).
There are lots of reasons why we don't want to have billions of
wikihomepages (People should be invited to contribute to official
documentations rather that on the wiki ; Limit spam ; Limit workload of
maintaining the pages / what if DebianWiki had 1 million user wiki home
page? ; the wikihomepage and regular wikipage share the same namespace ;
and many other reasons I can't think of right now). Actually, we drop
wikihomepage for wikiuser who made no contribution to the wiki 1 month
after the page creation.

It would be nice if you could change the contest's rules so participants
use their usual website/homepage.

Thanks,

Franklin