Re: release notes building time...: dblatex bug?

Hello,

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 06:45:28PM +0000, W. Martin Borgert wrote:

> I think, we can/should optimize po4a. It was already slow (with
> slow = "po4a-translate takes a significant part of the
> compilation time"), but got even a little bit slower in lenny.

That's not something that should be changed now, but after Lenny is
released, you should try copying /usr/share/perl5/Locale/Po4a/Xml.pm to
lib/Locale/Po4a/Xml.pm and applying
https://alioth.debian.org/plugins/scmcvs/cvsweb.php/po4a/lib/Locale/Po4a/Xml.pm.diff?r1=1.84;r2=1.85;cvsroot=po4a;f=h

This improved a lot (x10?) the speed of the Xml and derivative modules in
the upstream tree.

It would be preferable to get the Docbook.pm  and Wml.pm from the same
po4a version.

Best Regards,
--
Nekral