Re: FAQ about post removals ?

Le Mon, Nov 03, 2008 at 01:35:15PM +1100, Craig Small a écrit :
> I would put it under MailingLists and have a link to it off the
> lists.d.o page.

Hi all,

How about this?

<toc-add-entry name="removal">Requests for removal of messages in our archive</toc-add-entry>

posted by their authors. Please note that by sending a request on our public
mailing lists you might increase the attention of spammers and search engines
on the addresses and contents you request for deletion. We recommend to refer
messages by their <q>Message-id</q>, which is displayed between the message and
its title in our archives. For instance, the message ID of the email announcing
the <a
href="http://lists.debian.org/debian-announce/2007/msg00002.html>"release of
href="http://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/";>searched by Message-ID</a>.</p>

advice, you can also minimize the inconvenience for the requester by avoiding
to quote URLs and use Message-IDs instead. In addition, you can reduce the
occurrence of the requester's email address in our archive by using the blind
carbon-copy (BCC) function in you mailer, and noticing the other list members

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan