Re: free deb file extension download

On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 06:13:41AM +1200, jock wrote:

Whoa there! just because you don't receive an answer within 4 minutes,
doesn't mean no one isn't listening. :-) We're all volunteers here and
it is possible you may not get a reply for hours or even days or even
not at all especially if the question is off-topic, too dificult, or
just weird, or ...

> i would simply like to download nero to burn dvd's from my pc.  the
> file can not be read and required a deb file extension.  where can i
> go to download a free version of deb file extension?

Questions regarding the installation or problems with Debian usage
should be sent to the debian-user list, the debian-www list is for
discussing issues regarding the Debian website itself.

> I am trying to recover all that I can from my sanyo 8400 cell phone

Mmmm, please read -- http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
and rephrase your question before posting it on
debian-user@lists.debian.org. Also, if you don't subscribe to
debian-user, ask to be cc'd as the policy is to reply to the list
only[1].

[1] Catch-22, I know, but that's the way it is.

P.S. You can't directly run .deb files on Windoze if that's what you're
trying to do.

--
Chris.
======