Re: Clarify squeak status on http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/unable-to-package ?

Hi Ben,

thanks for bringing this up.

On Thursday 03 July 2008 16:28, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> I see squeak on:
> http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/unable-to-package
>
> * squeak -- license issues.
>
> Maybe this should be clarified, now that squeak-vm is in Debian? (There
> are still license issues with the squeak images, but the avg. user
> might not make the distinction between squeak-vm and squeak-image)

Right.

The etoys image (thats the one used by OLPC) doesnt have licenced issues
anymore, OTOH. Despite of this it's in non-free, (not for licence reasons
though, but) for reasons described in /usr/share/doc/etoys/README.non-free.
(I plan to file a bug report against ftp.debian.org about this once I have a
bit more air to breath, currently I'm happy it's at least apt-get
installable.)

regards,
	Holger