Re: gforge

Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
> gforge
>
> ----- Forwarded message from Roland Mas <lolando@debian.org> -----
>
> The gforge-web-apache2 package in sid and lenny sets up the website
> with a dummy certificate if none is found existing.  Users are then
> encouraged to replace it with a "real" one.  The dummy certificate in
> question is the Snake Oil one, so it should already be known as a weak
> one (even without the SSL bug), but I guess at least some users accept
> it without a second thought.  It would probably make sense to set up
> another certificate on new installs, but I'm not sure whether to
> replace old Snake Oil ones.
>
> ----- End forwarded message -----

I've edited this to the following, because speculation about what to do
didn't seem right for the key-rollover page.

The gforge-web-apache2 package in sid and lenny sets up the website
with a dummy certificate if no existing certificate is found. Users are then
encouraged to replace it with a "real" one. The dummy certificate in
question is the Snake Oil one, so it should already be known as a weak
one (even without the SSL bug), but some users may accept
it without a second thought.

It would be good to have some concrete instuctions for the user though.

Also, if stable is not affected, we should say that explicitly.

--
see shy jo