www.br.d.o mirror (was: Bad link to mirror site)

Hello Marcel,

On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 02:31:40PM -0300, Marcel wrote:
> When I chose Brazil for the : Select a server near you it redirects to
> http://www.br.debian.org/ but:

We now redirect www.br.debian.org to the main Debian website located in
Europe.

> root@debian:~# dig http://www.br.debian.org/
> ; <<>> DiG 9.3.4 <<>> http://www.br.debian.org/
> ;; global options:  printcmd
> ;; Got answer:
> ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NXDOMAIN, id: 20597
> ;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 0
>
> ;; QUESTION SECTION:
> ;http://www.br.debian.org/.     IN      A
>
> so bad link.

By the way, just to let you know:
* dig-ing an URL doesn't have much sense, since dig operates on DNS entries.
* there was an existing DNS entry, but nothing behind (and dig cannot
  tell you if the host is reachable, the http daemon ok, and so on..)

If you ever encounter problems related to mirrors, you may prefer
mirrors@debian.org which is the more relevant place to report such a
problem.

Best regards,

--