Re: how can I see the source code of any package ?

Hello,

On Wed, 2008-04-16 at 14:25 -0700, BILAL wrote:
> Please tell me that, how can I see the source code of any package
> related to bugs.
> I have installed many packages and all its dependencies on my system,
> but do not know that how to see its source code.

When you install a package under Debian, you install what we call a
"binary package" (the compiled program).

To fetch the source of the package, you either use a command like :
cd /tmp/
apt-get source backuppc
cd backuppc-*

Or you can manually download the source from the website :
http://packages.debian.org , search for the package. On the blue sidebar
of the package page, there's a "Download Source Package" section.

If you have further questions regarding how to use Debian, you can use
the debian-user@lists.debian.org mailing list.

Franklin