Re: Again CVS conflicts on www-master

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 07:20:24AM -0700, Matt Kraai wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 10:10:15AM +0200, Jens Seidel wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 03:01:22PM -0700, Matt Kraai wrote:
> I replaced all of the locally-modified files.

I think this is not sufficient. I had this problen only once and do not
remember exactly the required steps (didn't found the used command in my
bash history). It's no longer reproducable for me so you have to find a
solution yourself.

Maybe it is reproducable for you by playing with some options of cvs
update such as -f, -C or -A to force an update of an old file even
without change (test on a single file only for simplicity).

> > As this problem happened already short time ago I'm sure there will
> > be more conflicts once other files get changed if the initial checkout
> > happened with an older CVS client.
>
> So what should I do?

The easiest solution is to remove the working copy and to checkout and build
again. The location of the installed files should of course not be
changed.

> Replace "..../../.." with "....-..-.." in all of
> the Id fields?

Something like this, yes. Please note that I do not remember whether the
old CVS used "....-..-.." whereas the new use "..../../..", this
information can be found in files with conflicts which currently do not
exist ...

Jens