Re: conversion to subversion

Bas Zoetekouw:

Although Subversion is not such a big improvement over CVS as we might have liked, other systems, like git, have certain disadvantages (which mainly have to do with the possibility of partial checkout, a steeper learning curve for translators, and the compatibility with the current scripts) that are hard to overcome at this time. In any case, i think moving to Subversion is an improvement.

And what are the gains from moving to Subversion? Besides tracking copies and having a globally unique revision history, I can't really see any gains as far as webwml is concerned. But feel free to enlighten me.

Note that this is a scratch repository. It was converted from CVS a few weeks ago, so some wml files are out of date.

Please make sure that if we decide to do a change, that the history is retained, as it is very important when it comes to the translations. Of course, since the translations are tied to the CVS history and its revision numbers, keeping that consistent after converting to any new format will be a pain (but it nevertheless needs to be addressed).

--
\\// Peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/