Re: Different links to voting wiki

Dear Jadima Laika,

thank you for your interest in my Condorcet
method. I am promoting this method already
since 1997. You can find some old descriptions
of this method e.g. here:

http://lists.electorama.com/pipermail/election-methods-electorama.com/1998-July/001856.html
http://lists.electorama.com/pipermail/election-methods-electorama.com/1998-August/001958.html
http://lists.electorama.com/pipermail/election-methods-electorama.com/1998-August/002044.html
http://lists.electorama.com/pipermail/election-methods-electorama.com/1998-September/002055.html
http://lists.electorama.com/pipermail/election-methods-electorama.com/1998-November/002771.html

Already since 1998, this method is described
as "Schulze" on Blake Cretney's and Rob
LeGrand's websites:

http://www.condorcet.org/emr/methods.shtml
http://cec.wustl.edu/~rhl1/rbvote/desc.html

In 1999, my proposals were already well known
among Condorcet advocates.

When the Debian project began discussing its
methods for internal referendums and elections
in 2000, it also discussed my proposals.
See e.g. here:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2000/11/msg00121.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2000/12/msg00045.html

This discussion resulted in the adoption of
the Schulze method in a referendum with 144
against 16 votes in June 2003.

About the Wikipedia articles: The Wikipedia
articles only claim that the Debian project
uses the Schulze method; this claim is
certainly true. The Wikipedia articles don't
claim that I co-authored Debian's constitution.

Markus Schulze