Re: contents search on packages.debian.org

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 12:21:54AM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> The contents search on packages.debian.org allows you to search for
> substrings in filenames but not in directory names. Only keywords at the
> end of paths seem to be allowed. Can this be improved?
>
> To be honest I find the contents search feature overly difficult to use.
> Can you scrap the search time and just have it use grep? Or make the
> difficult a simple keyword search against the full filename (including
> path)?

I'm certainly open for improvements in this area, I know they are surely
possible.

But I'm afraid suggestions in this area without attached patch have a
rather low chance of implementation due to time constraints (and quite
honestly also due to priorities) on my side.

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
www: http://www.djpig.de/