Re: Mentioning proposed-updates on the main website

Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 09:57:13PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 08:13:19PM +0200, Luk Claes wrote:
>>> As you may (or may not) know proposed-updates is used as a basis for the
>>> next point release. As such it would be good that people would use it
>>> more so we find most bugs *before* a point release. To make this happen
>>> I want to mention proposed-updates more visibly on the main website.
>>> Does anyone have good ideas how and where on the website I should
>>> mention proposed-updates (and oldstable-proposed-updates and maybe the
>>> process involved)?
>> /releases/stable/errata actually includes some information about
>> that, but I'm not sure where else. Maybe we need a new page called
>> /releases/proposed-updates that explains the concept better, and
>> then link that one from other places?
>
> I just committed that new page to CVS, please feel free to... embrace
> and extend :)

And correct apparantly :-(

Uploading will only work when targeting 'stable', 'stable-security' or
'proposed-updates' for proposed-updates and targeting 'oldstable',
'oldstable-security' or 'oldstable-proposed-updates'. Mentioning
etch-proposed-updates, stable-proposed-updates or similar as a target
won't work...

After the upload the packages reach a NEW queue like system and when
members of the Stable Release Team have accepted packages to migrate to
proposed-updates these packages will very likely be included in the next
point release...

It only demonstrates why finally documenting this can be very helpfull :-)

I'll also add a part about uploading best practices...

Thank you very much for starting the page!

Cheers

Luk